Mother Laura offers the Friday 5 over at RevGals. Here we go…
1. If you could travel to any historical time period, which would it be, and why?
In the way back days it would have to be sometime in AW Mozart’s life – and I would be his personal house cleaner. To listen, all day and night, would be heaven on earth. My initial response to the question would be to go back to the first week of February in 1999. I would give almost anything to change history, be with my mom for another day, and see how I might have been able to not have what happened, happen.
2. What futuristic/science fiction development would you most like to see?
Ummmm, I am not sure I can answer this and make any sense – cause sci fi is not my thing. But futuristic? I can’t wait to buy my first super fun hydro-car, or something like that. Maybe it will be that long dreamed of electric car?
3. Which do you enjoy more: remembering the past, or dreaming for the future?
I ENJOY more dreaming of the future, although it is in my nature to remember the past.
4. What do you find most memorable about this year’s Lent?
5. How will you spend your time during this upcoming Holy Week? What part do you look forward to most?
In the past I have looked forward to Good Friday. This year will be no different, except that this year its a little different.
This year Ash Wednesday fell on the day my mom disappeared. Good Friday is her birthday (and the first day of spring – which is what I love the most about her birthday.) This year on Good Friday I think I will be with friends, peacefully standing up for womens rights at Planned Parenthood, and then be driving to Prior Lake – to Cleary Lake Regional Park, where we had a bench built and installed for my mom. I’ll just sit in the quiet, maybe jot a few words down, and then take a walk with her.