Just a quick go at the F5, before I am off at a conference for today and tomorrow.
I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first
that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with
all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would
come and I would feel a lot better.
certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think
about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24
hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are
the five things for you to consider…
- If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?
- If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go? I’d live just outside of town in Galway, Ireland. Not far from an amazing Chipper, Doolin, and some of the most beautiful beach and water I have ever seen in my life.
- You get to do somebody else’s job for a day… I would own a restaurant, I have still not lost sight of that dream. But if it had to be a somebody, like a real person – I choose Bono. I’d be Bono from U2 in a second. I could list a hundred reasons why – but you probably already know most of the reasons. (compassionate, smart, doing amazing things with his celeb status, wicked talented, leader, speaker, sexy cool, etc…)
- Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space… I would spend the day with my mom. If you don’t know the story, and are vaguely interested, go here. Otherwise just know that she was the most wonderful human that ever lived, and it would be a lovely choice.
- A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick? Raising life to the dead, and I would only use it on my mom, and my houseplants. And only for 24 hours right?
Lose the weight. Of course I wouldn’t have anything to wear… Oh – I would think of something and it would be delightful. Definitely shed some poundage.
Happy Friday. Thanks for the play RevHRod – feel better!
p.s. – If you are the praying type, would you be so kind as to add Swandive and her big work project to your list of prayers. That would rock, a whole lot.