We went to see the new Disney/Pixar flick WALL-E. Now, I don’t think I can say that it is my favorite of the Pixar bunch (but a close second/third to Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo), but it sure has many many thought provoking pieces. Add it to your must see summer flicks. Or if you have seen it – chat me up in the comments, please!
Top 5 things I can’t stop thinking about from WALL-E
- You can say so much, without actually saying much at all.
- Love stories are beautiful, in any language, setting, or world.
- Fear, as a motivating force, powerful, but unsettling.
- The choices of characters, each element, who they are, what they are, the meanings, the social understanding or norm of what they represent, its all so sweet, silly, simple and yet brilliantly deep. Its small and huge all at the same time.
- I can’t stop hearing the way that WALL-E and EVE said each others ‘names’. With such little dialog, these little ways make the intention behind the language so starkly beautiful.
I love going to the movies, sitting in air conditioning, listening to laughter – my own, my sweeties and mine.