I saw Slumdog Millionaire this past weekend, and have been contemplating it ever since. A stunning masterpiece of a film, my new favorite for best picture (yes, even over MILK which I adore), I can't shake some of the images and bits of wisdom. I will see it again, but really wanted to get a few things down before I lose them.
- Sometimes you literally have to dive head long into the shit (and OWN it) to get at what you are after.
- The nice guy often does finish last. But what is last—really—in the kingdom sense?
- Being last does not mean worst. Let the story unfold. Don't judge the moment, the minute, the week, day, month or year.
- There really is something to be said for single-minded focus, determination, gumption and just plain heart.
- Beauty is everywhere, especially where we perceive it is not or could not be. Look there for it.
Have you seen it?
What do you think? What would you add to the list?