I am not one for making resolutions.
Oh yes, I have tried—succeeded some and failed fantastically. This year, I am trying for something a little different. Instead of resolutions, I think I will commit to revolutions. (Tip o’the hat to one lady awesome pants, ms. krohn.)
What sorts of things are on the personal and corporate revolutionary list?
- Show up: be a part of the things I am passionate about, and get real about the shit I am not.
- The goose: I am participating, are you? http://www.wildgoosefestival.org/
- Keep blogging here: I plan to continue rambling about personal discoveries, but also plan to do my part to move the gender & sexuality conversation forward in healthy, honest and (gulp) prophetic ways. Someone has to, and I just might have a few more things to say (that may or may not be interesting).
- Travel (yep, i’m talkin’ evolution through vacation): on the docket is San Miguel de Allende Mexico, North Carolina, Denver Colorado, and _____________.
- LOVE: keep talking about, modeling and being in LOVE. Spend less time arguing about who supports it, and if scripture, the church, and/or God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit does. (see this great post from Candace re: this topic—well said) I do and this—above all else—matters.
- School: I am going to keep going, ’till I don’t wanna. So there.
Resolutionary/revolutionary? Me thinks so. Happy 2011, friends.